In the lead up to Christmas decorating is definitely one of the more enjoyable activities to get prepared for the big day.
However, there are a few steps you should take to ensure you keep your house safe this holiday season.
- Check any lights have the correct fuses (full details should be on the box)
- Check your lights are not damaged or broken if they've been stored away
- If any bulbs are blown replace them to avoid overheating
- Switch off any lights before you go out or to sleep
- Don't let light bulbs touch anything flammable - eg. paper
- Don't overload sockets or link up extensions leads
- Ensure all outdoor lights are plugged in indoors
- Don't attach decorations to radiators or anything that gets too hot
- Never use lights outdoors unless they are designed for such use
Stay safe, and have a great Christmas!